City Colleges of Chicago Simulation Technology Specialist - Part Time in Chicago, Illinois
SIMULATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST – PART TIME MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is the healthcare hub of City Colleges of Chicago and offers a variety of health sciences programs that prepare students to pursue a four-year degree or advance in a career. It is conveniently located near the Illinois Medical District and offers one of the largest selection of health sciences degree in Cook County.
The Simulation Technology Specialist maintains the IT infrastructure and instructional technologies that support a state-of-the-art virtual hospital / simulated learning environment and enables student learning and practice of patient care skills in the college’s School of Health Sciences. Simulation Technology Specialist serves as a technical expert who is able to set up, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and in some cases repair simulation equipment, hospital-type equipment used in clinical activities, and AV/IT equipment used in simulation activities. This position coordinates the work of IT staff and vendors in providing computer network and systems support to ensure the optimal and effective use of the college’s simulation equipment and related multimedia peripherals.
- Manages and maintains the technical operations of clinical skills labs, simulation facilities, and classrooms, providing systems administration and maintenance of IT infrastructure (hardware, software, networks) and systems supporting instructional technologies.
- Coordinates with college’s IT staff, vendors, and lab managers/coordinators to troubleshoot and resolve problems with network connectivity and systems supporting simulation operations, A/V systems, video-conferencing, database systems, and other specialized components.
- Ensures that patient simulators and instructional media equipment such as video cameras, multimedia computer systems, and A/V recording/distribution systems used in clinical skills and simulation labs are maintained and fully operational.
- Works collaboratively with the Manager, Simulation Education to integrate simulation technology into clinical teaching scenarios and to adapt emerging technologies to classrooms and clinical skills labs to meet the educational needs of students.
- Communicates and interfaces with vendors and equipment manufacturers to coordinate technical support, maintenance, warranty issues, and service contracts.
- Operate and maintain simulation equipment, task trainers, computerized simulators, and virtual reality procedural trainers with the ability to follow scenarios, and make appropriate adjustments to technology systems.
- Makes recommendations for the purchase of equipment, supplies, and materials required for simulation-based sessions.
- Create troubleshooting documents, simulator checklists, and preventative maintenance plans for simulation equipment.
- Set up and operate equipment/AV system in rooms including equipment, supplies, etc. for simulation activities.
- Supports learners to maintain a safe learning environment.
- Associate ’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline
- Three years or more of work experience as an IT professional in learning based healthcare technology, OR desktop and network support in a multi-operating systems environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT infrastructure supporting simulation equipment and software, and digital media hardware and software
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of simulation technologies, including related computer hardware, software, audio and video recording systems
- Demonstrated customer support skills and professionalism
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including in relation to equipment failures
- Ability to teach technical processes to non-technical staff
- Ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse environment
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.*Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!*
Job: Help Desk
Primary Location: Malcolm X College
Job Posting: Jan 14, 2021, 2:38:29 PM
Req ID: MAL0001461
Employee Type: Part Time
Union Code: Local 1600 PT Professionals