Expedia Senior Software Engineer - iOS in Chicago, Illinois
As a Senior iOS Software Engineer, you will take on the role of technical expert and team mentor. You will work to establish our iOS apps as premier offerings, while ensuring application performance and reliability and maintainable codebase contributions. You will work to gain a solid understanding of our user's needs, help define and prioritize new features, and offer constructive critiques of planned features. You will also ensure that the visual and UX design is up to spec, that the app size is efficient, and that iOS platform specific offerings are utilized for a truly native experience.
You will be involved in product feature development, but also a valuable contributor to our growing iOS platform. This underlying platform powers both our Traveler and Partner apps -- shared UI components, a networking layer, and more allows us to achieve maximum velocity, democratize the development of our iOS apps, and move quickly into exciting new technology opportunities.
Who you are:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will exhibit a respectful and empathetic tone, and exhibit a genuine concern for helping the team grow and develop as iOS engineers. You’ll be willing to learn from everyone, communicate well, and strive to be an effective team member.
You will love this role if you’re looking for an environment:
- That challenges you to think deeply about software architectural choices
- That encourages you to invest time into your craft and self-improvement, including time for reading books and attending conferences
- Where the best tool for the job is the right tool for the job, and you’ll have the opportunity to influence these decisions
- Where design isn’t an afterthought
- Where calculated risk-taking is supported
- Where you are encouraged to fail fast
- Where processes exist only to help the team progress
- Where you have a tangible opportunity to impact peoples’ lives in a positive way
- Where diversity is valued, where empathy is offered, and where an individual’s needs are treated with utmost respect
Technologies we use:
- Xcode, Swift, git and GitHub, XCTest and XCUI, GraphQL, Carthage, RxSwift, Firebase, Fabric, Zeplin
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 6 Days Ago
- Full time