Federal Reserve Bank Senior DevOps Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
Join the Customer Relations and Support Office (CRSO) in the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, helping promote the FedLine™ network to support the next generation of payments technology. FedLine provides essential payment and informational services to thousands of financial institutions across the United States, and our solutions are designed to be secure and to support approximately $4 trillion/ day in payments transactions.
The Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer is a technical expert responsible for design, development, testing, implementation and support of the Cloud platform ecosystem. You will lead efforts to create infrastructure to streamline development and deployment of applications using modern Cloud DevOps practices.
- Design, develop, and manage Cloud platform ecosystem
- Work with the software development team and other teams to develop and provide a robust, flexible and scalable platform
- Design, lead and build an automated deployment tool set and infrastructure including environments, code management using a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process
- Develop common components and templates for resources in Cloud using Infrastructure as Code
- Integrate on premise solutions with Cloud resources
- Oversee and develop continuous delivery framework and tools & infrastructure as code and automation
- Build solutions based on security, monitoring, logging, and alerting requirements
- Develop testing use cases and detailed testing plans that map to the documented business and technical requirements, complies with Federal Reserve security specifications and policies and industry standard / generally accepted testing practices.
- Coordinate technical and end-user resources to perform detailed tests and analyze testing results.
- Provide guidance and technical support regarding architectural and procedural best practices both across departments and applications including rotational on call support
- Create and maintain technical documentation for designs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent background or experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with cloud-based platforms in an enterprise environment
- Minimum 3 years software engineering experience in a team-based environment
- Advanced experience with programming tools, computer interfaces, and application architectures
- Experience deploying, managing, operating and monitoring of applications in scalable, highly available and fault tolerant data centers (both on-premise and hosted)
- Experience learning, sharing, and implementing best practices with the ability to establish operational processes, implement DevOps, deployment checklists
- Experience with multiple programming languages (Node.js, Python)
- Experience with source code management tools
- Experience developing solutions in an iterative (Agile) approach
- Experience with Continuous Integration build tools (GitLab)
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Experience with system configuration tools and implementation of architectural frameworks (Service Oriented Architecture, Domain-Driven Design)
- Knowledge of container orchestration solutions
What we offer
- Comprehensive benefits package include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off, transit benefit, onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career
- You should be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- You will have additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take approximately two months to complete. The screening covers areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reaches out to your references and people that know you well
- As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Requisition ID: 266767