Origami Risk Sales Engineer (Remote) in Chicago, Illinois
Making a Difference:
We have an immediate opening for a Sales Engineer. The Sales Engineer assists in the sales process by providing technical expertise throughout the sales process, primarily through the configuration of standard and client specific demonstration databases. In addition, the Sales Engineer will act as the conduit between Sales and Development to ensure all Origami functionality (specifically new release functionality) is configured correctly and available for demo in all appropriate demo databases.
Origami Risk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive and benefit from diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We do not discriminate against any individual based upon race, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Maintains clean and fully functional market specific demonstration databases. * Ensures data in each database is current across all modules.
- Collects regular feedback from Sales on ways to improve the market specific sales standard databases.
- Maintains a prioritized listing of items to be added to the sales standard databases.
Ensures all new release functionality is appropriately configured in the sales standard databases.
Assists the Sales Team on client specific demo database setup needs.* Maintains a prioritized listing of all historical, current, and future client demo database requests received from the Sales Team.
- Develops consistent communication methods with Sales Team to ensure all demo requests are completed on time.
- Trains regularly on the Origami product to become an expert across all types of product functionality.
Works with the Sales Team to understand the value proposition of Origami products to clients in order to better assist and advise the Sales Team.
Translates product needs from Sales to Development.* Works with Sales to understand new client needs.
Translates these needs to Development via JIRA and other defined methods.
Assists Sales and Sales Operations team with other projects or tasks.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to compose medium to complex queries using SQL server.
- Experience with technical requirements gathering and converting them into business needs.
- Familiar with HTML.
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science preferred.
- Previous experience with Tableau, Domo or other BI reporting tools a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally.
Who We Are
Origami Risk is an industry-leading provider of integrated SaaS solutions for the risk and insurance industry—from insured corporate and public entities to brokers and risk consultants, insurers, third-party claims administrators (TPAs), and risk pools. We deliver a full suite of risk management and insurance core system solutions from a single, secure, cloud-based platform. We have a singular focus on helping clients achieve their business objectives by developing, implementing, and supporting our technology solutions.
Founded in 2009 by Risk Management Information System (RMIS) industry veterans, over the past decade Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work” and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).