BWAY Corporation Safety Coordinator Summer Internship in Chicago, IL at Mauser Packaging Solutions in Chicago, Illinois
Plant Name: Chicago Fiber
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies— BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS—Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
As an intern, you will be positioned in the plant, office or divide the internship into both areas, depending on the project need. The goal is to expose you to as many areas as practical for the specific project you are assigned to. This position will be working closely with Production, Safety and Human Resources Department.
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at Mauser Packaging Solutions are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any / all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list:
- Assist with the implementation of safety and environmental policies, regulations, and programs.
- Assist with the development of safety and training
- Provide and/or facilitates required safety and environmental training
- Conduct site inspections with the manager
- Assist with worksite safety topics for safety meetings
- Conduct regulatory compliance audits
- Track and monitors risk assessments, observations, and emergency drills
- Maintain and monitors compliance and training records
- Assist with incident investigation
- CAPA Tracking in EHS systems
- Order and maintains PPE
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal format individually and in group settings
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 20/3/2021