We Energies Safety Consultant - Construction in Chicago, Illinois
6191BRJob Title:Safety Consultant - ConstructionRequisition Number:6191BRTitle:Safety Consultant - ConstructionLocation(s):IL - ChicagoCompany(s):WEC Business Services Summary:
WEC Business Services, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking a Safety Consultant - Construction (Associate Safety Consultant/Safety Consultant) in our Chicago, IL location.
WEC Energy Group is one of the nation’s largest electric generation and distribution and natural gas delivery holding companies. Our subsidiaries include (Peoples Gas, North Shore Gas, We Energies, WEC Business Services, Wisconsin Public Service, Michigan Gas Utilities, Minnesota Energy Resources, and Bluewater Gas Storage)
The Safety Consultant is responsible for building working relationships with company and our safety contractors. This position will perform field audits and observations on capital construction projects to gather information while consulting and advising the capital construction department on health and safety issues. In addition, they will lead or assist with investigations of accidents, injuries, tools, equipment, work methods or other issues. Work closely with all levels of the organization as well as the contractors to ensure all work is performed to company safety standards, OSHA, and all workplace safety laws.
• Audit contractor and company safety performance through observation and inquiry. Identify improvement opportunities and inform facility management of issues and solutions.
• Act as a professional resource for all levels of employees while providing a perspective on safety.
• Deliver safety training programs and materials.
• Assist in the development and implementation of procedures, policies, and programs relating to safety.
• Pursue personal development of technical expertise in a broad range of subject matter relative to safety.
• Assist Safety team with program development and implementation.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with employees, contractors and project leaders.
• Serve on local safety committees while offering perspective on safety issues.
This is a job family posting and experience will be the determining factor.
• Associate Degree - Safety or Industrial Hygiene or in a related field. In lieu of a degree, a combination of education, training/certification, and experience with large scale construction projects will be considered.
• Experience in regulatory compliance, best practice, case management, and contractor oversight
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• At least 3 to 5 years of experience providing safety services to large construction projects. Utility experience desired
• Bachelors degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or closely related field is preferred.
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers)
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers/equal-employment-opportunity.htm)