Northwestern University Research Technologist 2 in Chicago, Illinois
Research Technologist 2 conducts experimental research lab work and/or assists in design of one or more specific phase(s) of entire project(s). May complete mathematical calculations, and/or computer tasks and/or assist in judging validity of data. Follows appropriate protocols, policies, procedures, regulations, Good Clinical and Good Laboratory Practices.
- Following protocols, designs, sets-up and conducts basic experiments.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots protocols and data obtained from individual experiments and recommends alternatives and suggestions to improve processes, validity and/or accuracy.
- Using a fully functioning level of skill, completes the following activities:
- Image Processing
- Data workflow
- Machine learning
- Neural circuit modeling
- Maintains detailed records of results which may include collecting, extracting & entering data.
- Prepares charts & graphs for presentations & publications.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a computer science or engineering major or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Demonstrated computer programming experience (Python).
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Experience with cloud computing.
- Experience with image processing or machine learning.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience with NEURON (simulation environment).
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 34249
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Research Technologist 2