Loyola University Chicago Research Assistant III in Chicago, Illinois
Research Assistant III Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago. To view open positions, please enter your search criteria below. You may view all open positions by not specifying any search criteria and selecting the "Search" button.
Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Job Title RESEARCH ASST III
Position Number 8150689
Job Category University Staff
Job Type Full-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Campus Maywood-Health Sciences Campus
Department Name DEPARTMENT OF CANCER BIOLOGY
Location Code Dept of Cancer Biology (06311A)
Is this split and/or fully grant funded? Yes
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform experiments in cancer research on genome stability maintenance under the supervision of PI.
- Modify and adapt experimental protocols, techniques and procedures to specific project requirements.
- Design, coordinate and conduct experimental procedures in the study of protein-protein interaction, protein-DNA interaction, protein modification, genome stability analysis in various human cells, as well as animal handling and genotyping.
- Independently perform research activities and data analysis.
- Work with the PI and postdocs to prepare research results and write summaries of results in manuscript form for publications and in graphics form for presentation at research meetings and for grant proposals.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with regulatory protocols and records related to biosafety and IACUC.
- Order lab supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or Cell Biology and 5+ years related experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or Cell Biology and 5+ years related experience. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Firm understanding of research methods, protocols, procedures, techniques, and equipment within specified area of specialty. Demonstrated research experience with handling mice (including but not limited to breeding, weaning, genotyping), Ability to independently design and implement standard research protocol within area of specialty. Knowledge and understanding of scientific method. Ability to analyze and evaluate empirical data and develop graphic and/or written interpretations and conclusions
Basic Computer Skills
Supervisory Responsibilities No
Required operation of university owned vehicles No
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? Yes
Physical Demands Lifting, Standing, Repetitive Motions
Working Conditions Lighting, Heating, Ventilation, Odors, Noise, Animals, Irregular Hours
Open Date 08/18/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Posting http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/14167