BWAY Corporation Maintenance Mechanic in Chicago, IL at Mauser Packaging Solutions in Chicago, Illinois
Plant Name: Chicago Millard
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies— BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS—Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
There is a $750 bonus after the successful completion of the first (90) days of employment.
Basic Function:The production line mechanic will be responsible for all production maintenance, including product quality control, line maintenance, and repair of line machinery and equipment. This role involves applying mechanical expertise in determining work methods and procedures for producing quality product. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow, without exception, all work instructions and safety policies, including use of all PPE and safety equipment
- Perform routine preventive maintenance checks on all production equipment and machinery
- Repair basic mechanical components and replace parts on machines such as bearings, filters, wiring, valves, gauges and switches
- Observe and listen to mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of problem
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Lubricate and clean machinery and support equipment to maintain housekeeping and preventive maintenance standards within the plant
- Accomplish all work orders to maintain safety; reduce downtime; decrease scrap; improve quality production; and improve plant efficiency
- Follows all safety rules and procedures including Lockout/Tagout program, housekeeping and observes the operations to insure a safe work environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years’ experience in a maintenance related position within a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Ability to interpret documents such as procedure manuals, blue prints, schematics, charts, diagrams, etc.
- Ability to use precision measuring devices including amp meters, electric meters, and hydraulic gauges
- Basic understanding of systems, equipment and schematics
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Good troubleshooting skills
- Basic mathematical skills used to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and use decimals and fractions
- Ability to perform work in a mature and professional manner, demonstrate personal responsibility, and perform all assigned duties
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 8/2/2021