Wolf Creek Federal Services Maintenance Helper in Chicago, Illinois
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
The Maintenance Helper assists skilled maintenance workers. Work performed varies from trade to trade.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Assists one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill, such as keeping a worker supplied with materials and tools; cleaning working area, machine, and equipment; assisting journeyman by holding materials or tools; and performing other unskilled tasks as directed by journeyman.
- The kind of work the helper is permitted to perform varies from trade to trade. In some trades the helper is confined to supplying, lifting, and holding materials and tools, performing fire watch duties, and cleaning work areas; and in others the helper is permitted to perform specialized machine operations, or parts of a trade that are also performed by workers on a full time basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the relevant trade field.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
- One year experience or equivalent in one of the general trade areas including the placement of insulation materials. Vocational training may be substituted for experience.
- Must have knowledge of tools and equipment used in the trade.
- Successfully pass any background check and/drug test required on the contract.
- Ability to obtain & maintain a valid state driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Primary Location: US-Illinois-Chicago
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: AXP10018
Req ID: AXP10018