Capgemini Magento - Sr. Developer in Chicago, Illinois
Magento Application Engineer, Senior
The Senior Application Engineer develops quality software that meets the functional and non-functional project requirements in the implementation, enhancement and support of ecommerce platform centric projects. This includes producing application code on-time, on-budget, and in compliance with DCX Commerce implementation standards & practices as well as general industry & platform-specific best practices.
Senior Application Engineers are helping to solve the most complex tasks on the project. Technical Architects (TA) and Team Leads (TL) will work closely with Senior Application Engineers on developing solutions for the defined tasks.
• Must know the Magento ecommerce platform, maintain the platform Developer certification, and be an expert in the platform API, management tools, and capabilities
• Use this knowledge to plan, write, and test code to meet the requirements of tasks assigned, based on the technical specification for the task provided by the Technical Architect, Technical Lead, or Project Manager
• Customize the platform's prototype solutions to build fully functioning ecommerce sites on desktop, tablet and mobile devices
• Use object oriented techniques to create reusable, easy to maintain code
• All code must conform to platform-specific & industry best practices, the DCX Commerce code standards, and perform well under load.
• Creating documentation for deliverables in accordance with our guidelines and templates.
• We prefer full-stack developers that can handle both front-end and back-end development tasks.
• Assist and mentor other developers on the project with troubleshooting, debugging, root cause analysis, and problem resolution.
• May be called upon to assume different roles on a project, including Team Leader, Technical Lead, and Release Management. The Senior Application Engineer can be involved in sprint planning, running daily scrums, performing code reviews, and communicating with team members on both progress and roadblocks.
Key Skills and Experience
• B.S. Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent Experience
• Minimum 5 years recent experience in web development
• Minimum 3 years recent experience in Ecommerce project.
• Minimum 3 years recent experience in Magento 2
• Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer Plus Certification preferred or ability to obtain such certification within 3 months of hire.
• Proficient in using and managing version control through Git – including planning & creating branches, and performing merges.
• Proficient in effectively documenting complex functionality in code and documentation.
• Ability to follow, enforce, and help define development standards.
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented concepts.
• Solid understanding of the MVC paradigm.
• Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking, critical thinking.
• Strong communication skills – verbal and written (documentation, code, email, etc.)
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly.
• Proven track records of meeting and exceeding goals.
• Ability to lead & supervise application development teams.
• Ability to lead effective scrum meetings.
• Ability to perform Release & Sprint planning.
• Good organization skills – scheduling, prioritizing, planning, tracking.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel. Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods. Supervise, train, mentor junior level programmers in programming and program coding. Represent team in project meetings. Work with business and functional analysts, and software & solution architects in ensuring that programs and systems function as intended Supervise, mentor and manage large teams of programmers in one or more projects. Represent project teams in project/program meetings or in meetings with sponsor.
• Qualifications: 6 – 8 (2 years min relevant experience in the role) years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have experience in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com at https://www.capgemini.com/ . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA LP DCX
Title: Magento - Sr. Developer
Requisition ID: 049735
- Capgemini Jobs