Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., Inc. General Production I in Chicago, Illinois
General Production I
Hu-Friedy is the gold standard in dental instrumentation. Accolades such as “Manufacturing Marvel,” “National Best and the Brightest” and a feature in the “Wall Street Journal” for our innovation in training program represent the excellence that is Hu-Friedy. A global industry leader, we are committed to employee engagement and development, diversity and inclusion, wellness and social responsibility. We have a commitment to continuously developing our team and to promoting from within whenever possible.
Our well-defined culture has strongly impacted the prosperity of our company. Our core values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Reliability and Social Responsibility are evident in daily life at Hu-Friedy and continue to shape the success of our business.
Our 10,000 dental instruments and products are sold in over 100 countries, and we have close to 1000 employees representing and growing our brand around the world. We currently have offices in Frankfurt, Milan, Shanghai and Tokyo, and a sales force across 30 different countries.
We are currently seeking General Production I team members to be based out of our Chicago offices.
Summary of Position
The General Production positions perform a variety of tasks within the manufacturing area, including but not limited to: mass finishing, assembly and diagnostic, laser etch, buffing and finishing and other general production duties. Employees may work in one or more of the above-mentioned areas.
• Mass Finishing: Sets up and operate various types of equipment (automatic and semi-automatic machines). Operates mass finishing equipment (Electropolish, harperizing, speedyshine, sand blasters, tumbling, & degreasing) with a minimum of supervision. Work is diversified, and to ordinary tolerances.*
• Assembly & Diagnostic: Highly repetitive bench operations on small mechanical units or components having a limited number of parts and details requiring simple adjusting to ensure proper position and/or movement. Use small hand tools, assembly jigs and fixtures. Follow instructions as to assembly methods. Alerts to visually detect obvious defects. Operations usually subject to close supervision and inspection. Operate various product identification equipment (rollstamp, laser marking, automatic assembly, hand gluing and/or acid etch equipment).This includes handle assemble and grinding*
• Laser Etch: Repetitive identification operations on a variety of instruments (cassettes, handles, and machine parts), as specified by charts, blueprints, or supervisor. Loads and unloads the auto loaders, observes controls, and works to correct cycle-time. Follow instructions as to assembly methods. Alert to visually detect obvious defects. Operations are subject to close supervision and a detailed visual inspection.*
• Heat Treat: Performs repetitive heat treating operations on a limited variety of instruments, castings, forgings, machine parts, etc., as specified by charts, blueprints, or supervisor. Loads and unloads furnaces, observes controls, and works to correct cycle-time. Performs Rockwell hardness tests and documents results.*
• Perform functions in Unltrasonic cell*
• Polisher and Buffer: Buffs, polishes, and grinds work of varying shape or design requiring care to maintain contour, edges and dimensions.* May maintain wheels.
Functional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position requires an individual with:
• 0 – 1 years equivalent experience
• High School Degree or equivalent experience
• Basic reading and writing (English); basic math skills
• Ability to perform routine, repetitive operations while maintaining attention to detail
• Will be required to make some independent judgments concerning product quality and take necessary corrective action
• Ability to learn new instruments, using written specifications or approved samples
• Ability to train others to follow established work instructions and assignments and work well on a team
• Basic analytical and math skillsHu-Friedy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here