Federal Reserve Bank Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
This role is responsible for preventive/scheduled maintenance operations. This role is responsible for all site repairs and operations consisting of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliance repair. The level of work required is considered intermediate and staff must be able to work under moderate supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and maintains central heating, ventilating and air conditioning, electric service, water supply and plumbing systems
- Operates and maintains VAV, Reheats, Pumps and all auxiliaries
- Operates Building Automation Systems (BAS), Energy Management Systems (EMS), and Computerized Maintenance Systems
- Assures all life safety systems i.e., electrical, water, fire system, etc. are tested and operating in good condition
- Assists outside contractors and vendors when required work and projects are being performed in the building
Education and Experience
- High school educations or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of building HVAC System with increasing supervisory and/or management responsibility
- High Press Boiler Operators certified in recovery of type 1, 2, and 3 Refrigerants
- Appropriate Engineering License for local municipality
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office including Outlook, Excel and Word required
Other Requirements and Physical Requirements
- Experience with building HVAC and redundant power systems (UPS & generator) are required
- Ability to work on ladders, in crawl spaces and lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment required for the job
- Ability to work outside in all seasons and various weather conditions
- Responds to off hour emergencies
- Must pass initial and subsequent drug tests based on nationally accepted drug screening standard
What We Offer:
• Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off and transit benefit.
•A continuous learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career.
•Onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
This document indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. An employee's responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties, as assigned, are a part of the job. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reserves the right to modify the elements of this job description, as business needs require.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Requisition ID: 267314