City Colleges of Chicago Director, Information Tech Full Time in Chicago, Illinois
DIRECTOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FULL TIME
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
These positions plan, direct, implement, and manage computer systems and operations which support the needs of each college, while following the goals and objectives to interface District-wide. They also provide managerial support and assistance to employees throughout the colleges using any automated equipment, both hardware and software. Finally, they supervise professional and clerical employees as assigned by the college.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, plans, implements, and manages policies, procedures, and operations on the effective use of the college’s computer network and systems for administrative, academic, and student services and support needs. Establishes and maintains computer security and accessibility for the users of the system. Consults with users (employees and students) to determine problems, and methods of enhancement and/or resolution. Ensures that computers are operational.
- Maintains inventory of all computer equipment at the college. Serves as college contact for purchasing new or enhanced computer equipment. Establishes methods for the college to follow in servicing and ensuring computers are working.
- Plans, directs, implements and manages computer systems and operations, and the associated budget, which support the needs of the college while following the goals and objectives to interface District wide.
- Serves as primary contact between the college and the Office of Information Technology to ensure district-wide standards and policies are implemented and enforced.
- Director, Information Technology . . . #2
- Supervises, directs, and reviews the work of assigned professional and clerical staff to ensure that the services provided by the office are completed. Provides staff with plans and decisions to improve working relationships throughout the office and throughout the District. Conducts all personnel activities for positions as assigned by the college.
- Participates in district, office, and/or team meetings to assist in identifying problems, discussing and testing alternatives, and developing solutions that meet the goals of the college and district. Implements recommendations for applications and technical support services. Communicates special needs/concerns of the college/District to office staff as appropriate.
- Maintains expert knowledge on information systems; users of the college; and policies, rules, and regulations of the District.
- Develops and conducts on-going user training sessions on automation and its associated technology as required. Meets with users to determine and develop special training strategies to assist them in the work processes.
- Assists in special projects as they relate to the automated needs of the college or District.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and current, relevant certification required.
- Five plus (5+) years in networking, desktop support, wireless technology/network, academic application support in an academic setting.
- Three (3) years of management experience in an IT environment.
Chicago Residency is required for all full time employment within six (6) months of hire
City Colleges of Chicago is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
Primary Location: Kennedy King College
Job Posting: Jan 14, 2021, 11:06:59 AM
Req ID: KEN0000685
Employee Type: Full Time
Union Code: N/A