Capgemini Demandware- Technical Architect in Chicago, Illinois
The Technical Architect interprets client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs. The Technical Architect provides guidance and oversight for the development team to ensure that both the process followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with DCX Commerce development policies and standards.
Technical Architect Essential Functions:
Technical Architects have a leading role in projects with strong client exposure. They are responsible for functional and technical guidance over the whole project or application lifecycle and you act as a client-facing lead developer. They drive sales opportunities within your area of responsibility. They know future developments in several applications and/or technologies and you are seen as subject matter expert within your unit and beyond.
• Ability to map business requirements into the technical capabilities of the Ecommerce platform as well as guide clients business needs back to the appropriate use of the platform
• Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Excellent client-facing presentation and communication skills
• Leads the technical requirements definition during discovery meetings with the client team
• Create detailed and high-quality technical architecture and design documentation for development teams
• Takes ownership and demonstrates strong technical leadership skills. Leads and guides both the client and the project team through technical decisions and challenges
• Manages technical risk related to complexity, data integration, scalability, and performance.
Creates work estimates and documents assumptions to provide a solid foundation for proposals and change control
• Provides guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that the DCX Commerce delivery and development process, policies and standards are being followed
• Escalates any observed non-compliance with DCX Commerce delivery process to their manager.
Research and qualify software solutions to be implemented on a project (e.g. Extensions, LINK Cartridges, third-party OMS systems, analytics engines etc.) and provide software recommendations and estimates that meet project budgetary and functional requirements
• Prototypes solutions when necessary to validate that an approach will meet the customer’s business requirements
• Defines the implementation and coding approach for customizations, interfaces, system architecture, data flow and data architecture/data model. Provides quality documentation to the development team for executing on this direction
• Immediately inform the PM of any risks or roadblocks identified with the project
• Plan development sprints with the Technical Lead (TL) and PM, and participate in daily scrum calls
• Performs analysis and review of licensing/development estimates to provide the complete cost of delivering a solution
• 7 years of experience as a Demandware (SFCC) Tech Lead or Architect
• 2 years of SFRA experience
• End-to- end business architecture and supporting technical components for 2 Demandware (SFCC)projects
• Significant Consulting/client facing background
• Applicable Demandware (SFCC) certification
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Open to travel
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment. Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job: Project Manager
Organization: NA LP DCX
Title: Demandware- Technical Architect
Requisition ID: 049499
- Capgemini Jobs