Axiom Cyber Defense Response Analyst - 18290 in Chicago, Illinois
Axiom is working with a direct client to fill a contract position in your area! Please see below for details and be sure to check out our website for more open roles.
Job Title: Cyber Defense Analyst
Work Location: Chicago, Illinois
Contract duration: 6 - Months
Target Start Date: 12/3/18
The Cyber Defense Analyst I will support one or more of the following areas, as follows:
Position is responsible for performing triage of security events that are escalated to the team. This role involves following established processes and procedures to observe events, collect additional data necessary to assess the threat, and escalate or refute the event as needed.
• Monitor and respond to security events escalated through the Security Information and Event Management System (SIEM).
• Interface with CME Group employees that are reporting security issues through established communication channels.
• Document security events in an Incident Management System.
• Perform analysis of security events involving data collected from the network, host systems, and application log data.
The Cyber Defense Analyst (Response I) position is responsible for performing validation of escalated security events and performing incident response per established processes and procedures. This includes both performing technical analysis of security issues as well as handling documentation and project management aspects of incident response.
• Act as lead incident handler for low severity incidents.
• Perform technical analysis of multiple sources of data, including network flows/packet data, host forensic artifacts, and application/system logs.
• Manage incident communications, including establishing/scheduling bridge lines and periodic incident update calls.
• Document incident tasks and updates in the incident management system.
Provides forensic collection and analysis services in support of HR and Legal matters, as well as on behalf of security incidents. In this role, the analyst will support evidence preservation, data collection, documentation, and structured analysis of forensic data.
• Forensically collect and preserve evidence from end user systems, servers, network data repositories, and other log repositories as required.
• Create forensic images of RAM, Hard Disks, and unstructured log data.
• Complete required documentation during the collection of forensic data.
• Perform structured analysis of forensic artifacts under the supervision of a senior forensic analyst.
SKILLS & SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS (ALL)
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• High level critical thinking skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to conduct research into network/security issues and products.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple goals.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical, management and senior leadership
• 0 - 2 years of experience in Forensics or Information Security is typical for this position.
• Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate a passion for information security through course work/degrees completed, self-study, and/or certifications that have been completed.
Formal Education & Certifications:
• BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems or related work experience
• Certifications such as SANS GSEC or GCFE