City Colleges of Chicago College Laboratory Assistant - Chemistry (Part Time) in Chicago, Illinois
COLLEGE LABORATORY ASSISTANT I - CHEMISTRY (PART TIME)
2 POSITIONS*MALCOLM X COLLEGE*
- The Department of Chemistry is looking for two dynamic College Laboratory Assistants to assist the physical science faculty members in all phases of laboratory preparations, procedures and/or lecture demonstrations emphasizing laboratory safety practices.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
* * Supervise students during biology and chemistry laboratory classes.
* * Prepare living and preserved specimens, reagents, chemical solutions, equipment and materials for laboratory procedures and demonstrations as needed.
* * Perform and evaluate prospective and/or current experiments.
* * Set up, operate and maintain existing instruments, audio-visual materials, procedures and equipment as requested.
* * Maintain laboratories and storerooms of the biology and physical science departments as to cleanliness, orderliness, safety, and availability of equipment and maintaining inventory using computer software.
* * Assist in the student registration process.
* * Minimum two years of college with course work in general and organic chemistry.
* * Knowledge of routine laboratory safety practices and the ability to perform routine chemical laboratory procedures.
* * Computer literacy is also required.
- We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Primary Location: Malcolm X College
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2020, 5:45:18 PM
Req ID: MAL0001446
Employee Type: Part Time
Union Code: 1708 - PT