City Colleges of Chicago Associate Director of Procurement Services in Chicago, Illinois
The City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) is made up of seven colleges, the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest nationally. We provide more than 80,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students in meeting their goals – whether that is pursuit of a credential to head into or advance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer to a four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCC seeks candidates committed to our students’ success and offers a unique opportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students’ lives.
The Office of Procurement Services facilitates and provides a centralized purchasing function for the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC). The Office works with staff across CCC in identifying needs for goods and services, oversees and manages the competitive procurement process, and monitors the performance of contracts and the approval of purchase orders, while ensuring compliance with the Board’s policies and procedures. In addition, the Office manages the Minority and Women-Owned Business (M/WBE) Utilization Program, actively recruiting minority and women-owned business to develop vendor relationships and ensure their involvement in various projects.
Reporting directly to the District Director of Business and Procurement Services, the Associate Director of Procurement Services functions as second in charge of the work unit, implementing processes and procedures for the procurement of goods and services in compliance with procurement policies and guidelines defined by the Board of Trustees and State laws and regulations. The Associate Director of Procurement Services works collaboratively with the District Director in managing and coordinating all aspects of the Office of Procurement, including the supervision of staff responsible for executing procurement activities; the monitoring of procurement contracts for performance; and the administration of the M/WBE program. Performs related duties as required.
- Interprets procurement policies and procedures and advises college administrators on the procurement process, including the most appropriate method of procurement for the acquisition of desired goods and services (e.g. request for quotation, formal competitive bidding, single/sole source).
- Provides guidance to staff and client departments in preparing procurement documents including scope of services and/or specifications, required bid documents including invitations to bid, request for proposals (RFPs), request for qualifications (RFQs), and related contract documents for commodities, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the review and analysis of bids and quotes, and the selection of qualified bidders. As part of bid process, establishes blanket purchase agreements with vendors setting dollar limits and length of contract limitations.
- Participates and may lead Evaluation Committees for the review of RFPs/RFQs, the interviewing and selection of vendors (contractors, consultants, service providers) and the negotiation of pricing and other contract terms.
- Serves as a point of contact for vendors during the bid and RFP/RFQ process.
- Responds to questions from vendors concerning proposals, bids and procurement guidelines. Conducts debriefing meetings with vendors upon completion of the bid/RFP/RFQ process.
- In coordination with the District Director, works closely with Legal and Risk Management departments in the review, processing and approval of RFP’s and RFQ’s, contracts, and contract renewals.
- Authorized to provide signatory approval of contract documents.
- Supervises staff of Senior Buyers and Buyers responsible for the full ranges of procurement activities including preparing bid/proposal documents, coordinating advertising and soliciting bids/proposals, evaluating packages, and preparing contract documents for Board review and approval.
- Directs the Manager of Contract Administration and Compliance and staff responsible for monitoring contracts for performance and administering the M/WBE program.
- Oversees the processing or purchase orders via the Oracle Purchasing module, ensuring cost centers and associated budgets are created. Monitors review of departmental purchase requisitions and determines if existing open contracts or district wide term agreements can meet purchasing needs.
- Develops new sources of goods and services, interviewing vendors and securing samples, descriptions and other information; secures favorable terms for the District.
- Oversees the maintenance of various records including contracts and vendor databases. Monitors contracts scheduled for renewal and recommends contract extensions, re-bidding or other actions.
Prepares various management reports relating to procurement activities and costs.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with ten years of work experience in purchasing and/or contract administration
- Five years of supervisory experience
- Certification by a recognized professional organization such as Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), is preferred but not required
- Experience in public sector/government purchasing strongly preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
Primary Location: District Office
Job Posting: Sep 5, 2018, 2:02:12 PM
Req ID: DIS0000956
Employee Type: Full Time
Union Code: N/A