OPNET Sr. QA Engineer in Champaign, Illinois
Riverbed enables organizations to maximize performance and visibility for networks and applications, so they can overcome complexity and fully capitalize on their digital and cloud investments. The Riverbed Network and Application Performance Platform enables organizations to visualize, optimize, remediate and accelerate the performance of any network for any application. The platform addresses performance and visibility holistically with best-in-class WAN optimization, network performance management (NPM), application acceleration (including Office 365, SaaS, client and cloud acceleration), and enterprise-grade SD-WAN. Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 99% of the Fortune 100.
About this Position
TITLE: Sr. QA Engineer
LOCATION: Champaign, IL.
The Software Quality Group focuses on testing Riverbed’s Wide Area Network Optimization (WANOpt) and Software Defined Wide Area Network (SDWAN) product families. The wide area network (WAN) is the foundation of a globally connected enterprise, enabling collaboration, communication, business productivity, and risk mitigation. SDWAN is a networking solution which allows globally connected enterprises to simplify the management and operation of a WAN by decoupling the networking hardware from its control mechanism, and it allows companies to build higher performance WANs using lower cost internet access. When you join the Software Quality Group, you will have a hand in testing the products and solutions that are critical to everything organizations do over networks. You will work with top engineers to break the barriers that constrain businesses and enable them to run faster and more efficiently. The group's industry-leading products are built on our patented technology that accelerates applications through data, transport, and application streamlining. RiOS is the foundation of award-winning products, including SteelHead CX, SteelHead EX, SteelHead SaaS, SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead, and SteelHead Interceptor.
Riverbed's SteelHead product is an industry leading WAN Optimization Controller. Riverbed’s SteelConnect product is a revolutionary application-defined SDWAN solution. We are looking for candidates who like to work on cutting edge technology and solve tough problems.
What you will do:
- Analyze new WANOpt and SDWAN features, and then design and implement test cases to evaluate their quality
- Build complex test network topologies in our lab that incorporate WANOpt and SDWAN products
- Troubleshoot unexpected behavior, file defect reports, and work with software developers to improve quality
- Design, implement, and deploy new test automation in python
- Be an integral part of a team where everyone collaborates to deliver products with the highest level of quality
What you should have:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent field desired, MS or higher degree preferred.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and computer networking
- Passion for all things Python
- You understand Linux system internals and TCP/IP fundamentals
- You understand how the Internet works and are keeping up with the evolution of internet and SaaS/cloud services
- You are a good programmer that writes readable, testable and maintainable code
- Strong and clear communicator that can concisely explain complex software design considerations
- Team player with a good sense of humor
What will help you further:
- A passion for breaking software and/or coming up with novel ways to assess product quality
- Experience doing packet trace analysis
- Troubleshooting network problems either in simulated or real network topologies
- Passion to work in a billion-dollar startup!
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, delivering exceptional network performance and visibility for any application. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Check us out on: www.riverbed.com @LifeAtRiverbed
Req No.: 2020-5739
Posting location: Champaign, IL