American NTN Bearing Mfg. Corp. Forging Press Operator - 2nd Shift in Carol Stream, Illinois
NTA Precision Axle, a joint venture of three world class manufacturing companies, has an opening in our Forging Department for a FORGING OPERATOR at our facility located in Carol Stream, IL. NTA manufactures steel products used for automotive and industrial applications. The majority owner of NTA is NTN, which is one of the world’s premier bearing manufacturers serving the automotive and industrial markets for the over 100 years.
POSITION TITLE:*_ _*Forging Operator
* * Uses machine interfaces to operate a forging press, trimming press, electric billet furnace and billet hopper. * * Builds up die and tooling sets, oversees die changes. * * Helps perform tooling changes of forging and trimming presses * * Checks and maintains fluid levels of line equipment * * Follows-up and assures that daily PM’s and 5S of forging line equipment and the line area are completed daily * * Accurately completes quality and production control documents * * Reads tooling and part blue prints * * Uses gauges to accurately measure and verify proper part dimensions Fabricates/Welds/Cuts/Grinds Metal and other materials as necessary to meet the setup and maintenance needs of the Forging department * * Accurately completes quality check sheet, Daily Report and Die Count Sheets * * Communicates abnormalities on all production operations to Supervisor * * Follows all PPE rules and company policies
- Previous manufacturing experience in forging operation required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; able to add, subtract, multiply, divide whole numbers
- Must be able to read and interpret piece part drawings and make decisions regarding part quality and offset changes.
- Knowledge of basic machine operation / controls.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to trouble shoot/ Operate processes and line equipment
- Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude.
- Able to maintain regular and predictable attendance, work overtime and weekends as needed.
NTA Precision Axle offers a full range of comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement. NTA Precision Axle is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity in the work place.
Job: Forging Machine Setter, Operator, and Tender, Metal and Plastic
Primary Location: Illinois-Carol Stream
Job Posting: Aug 18, 2020, 3:45:40 PM
Req ID: CAR103