Cook Medical Environmental Health & Safety Specialist in Canton, Illinois
The EHS Specialist at Cook Canton will plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions.
• Independently produce, organize, and maintain documentation or systems critical to the function of the engineering team or department• Coordinate safety activities, maintain OSHA required procedures and monitor the procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local safety regulations• Interface with plant personnel to identify hazards, and to recommend/implement necessary corrective and improvement measures • Develop, maintain, and monitor Safety procedures to ensure they are up-to-date and appropriately used• Participate in incident investigation teams, safety audits, and other safety related activities• Coordinate, facilitate / conduct employee safety training, including but not limited to new employee orientation, annual refresher training, and contractor training as needed• Support facility’s projects by providing expertise on safety issues• Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes • Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements• Maintain regular and punctual attendance• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards• Must have effective oral, written and presentation communication skills• Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
• AS or BS degree in relevant field; or• 2 years experience that relates directly to the above essential job functions/duties• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (ie: Word, Excel)• Experience working independently and with minimal supervision• Experience in improving environmental health and safety processes• Knowledge of OSHA/EPA/ISO standards• Experience training in Environmental Health & Safety programs• Basic math skills
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves required in some areas associated with this position• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc• Works under general office environmental conditions• Moderate exposure to noise level in the work environment that is moderate to occasionally loud• Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds• Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to grasp, carry, feel or touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA.
Posting Date4 months ago(12/14/2020 9:58 AM)
Job Location(s)Canton IL United States
Position TypeFull Time