North Country Business Products Implementation Specialist in Burr Ridge, Illinois
Implementations Specialist - Grocery
Location: Greater Chicagoland Area
North Country Business Products (NCBP) is a leader in the implementation and servicing of Point of Sale (POS) technology systems for the grocery, convenience store, restaurant and hotel industries. Become a part of one of the largest POS Solution Providers in the nation. We are always looking for top notch talent to join our team. If you want to excel in the ever-changing technology industry and use your expertise to make a lasting impact – apply to become a NCBP Employee-Owner!
This position provides entry level POS software system services to our customers ensuring a positive customer experience. These services consist of consulting with sales, management, vendors, and customers to determine system functionality, software configuration, testing, documenting, training and managing all aspects of an assigned project. Implementation Specialists support the business and the customer and ensures the overall integrity of software applications.
• Configure, test, and document POS systems/software, make modifications to existing programs, configure network options and 3rd party interfaces.
• Effectively and efficiently manage a project within scope for every installation assigned and ensure a high standard of service is provided to the customer.
• Be knowledgeable and proficient at POS software, operating systems and networks for all product lines as assigned by vertical market.
• Consult with the Project Management Office regarding operational considerations and configuration of systems to support customer requirements.
• Manage customer site specifications and consult with customer and/or internal associates to ensure all site preparation work has been completed.
• Effectively train customers on POS functionality by using a relatable communication style.
• Analyze the needs of customers through customer surveys and by collaborating with manager and sales account managers.
• Develop detailed project documentation upon completion of project to ensure that the Customer Support Center has all relevant information to handle support for the customer going forward.
• Maintain current knowledge of PCI/DSS compliancy on POS systems.
• Follow all PMO processes, including accurately tracking time, completing required paperwork, and meeting required timeframes.
• Maintain accurate inventory and follow inventory procedures.
• Provide POS software expertise outside of normal business hours including on-call rotations.
• Serve as a back-up to the Customer Support Center, as assigned.
• Ensure company vehicle is maintained.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 2 year computer degree or equivalent software/networking experience preferred.
• Knowledge and skills with operating systems and complex networking environments.
• Previous POS system integration/implementation preferred.
• Experience in the retail, hospitality or grocery industry is preferred.
• Daily travel including some extended overnight travel (on short notice), is required.
• Demonstrated small to medium sized project management experience preferred.
• QIR certification within 12 months of hire or promotion required.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to train customers on technical applications using user friendly language.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening), attention to detail and organizational skills required.
• Good driving record, valid drivers’ license and auto insurance required.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• 401(k) with match
• Life Insurance
• Computer Purchase Program
• And more!
What are the Core Values that are Needed?
In addition to our qualifications above, we want to highlight our Core Values that are a must have in order to fit into our company culture. At North Country Business Products:
• We are Customer Focused
• We are Associate Focused
• We have an Ownership Mentality
• We Take Initiative
• We Embrace Change
We take our Core Values at NCBP very seriously and make hiring, promotional and recognition/reward decisions based on them.
Check us out at www.ncbpinc.com
NCBP is Employee Owned and Operated.
To apply click the apply button above
To apply please follow the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e9b7e6cf-8318-4623-9d47-add55ea8156d&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
NCBP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any applicant or associate because of age, sex, gender, marital status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, race, color, religion, national origin, disability or any other protected characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.