CVS Health IOT Development - Senior Advisor in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
he CVS Health Office of the CTO has a mission to change the conversation around healthcare through and with the support of technology. Innovation, prototyping, and iteration are essential themes necessary to induct into this effort. The Office of the CTO at CVS Health has embarked on the journey to adopt SAFe as our operating approach going forward.
On this journey, we’re building in a team in the office of the CTO to focus on incubation, where the type of work, charter, and technologies will change frequently. The IoT Developer will part of a scrum team but also draw on the larger CTO pool for resources including architects, data specialists, designers, and much more to complete the necessary talents for capacity planning.
• Plan continually for altering charters. Intake of work will be highly dynamic; requiring strong knowledge acquisition and research skills.
• Plan for incubation ‘egress.’ Work products are expected to be usable by their consuming groups or sponsors – this could vary with development practices, standards, and technologies. Design and Develop based on those parameters.
• Guide the team and collaborating with the larger organization IoT. Implications and potential.
• Be a perpetual learner on IoT related topics including:
o Info Sec
o Data – all topics including BI
o Infra / hybrid cloud interface
o AI / ML
• Collaborate with ‘nuclear’ peers and extended team to remove impediments or blockers
• Actively participate in a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without consequence
• Embrace discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution as a way of achieving results
• Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• IoT should fundamentally embrace existing technology and new. Support a culture of incubation for net new development tempered by a culture of inoculation, where the best of other technology work available can be used or leveraged.
• Providing peer support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
Experience in playing the IOT Developer role for at least 8+ years for a software development team that requires a diver set of skills including the following:
Some combination of the following skills are required for the role but should NOT be considered prioritized based on the listing:
o MongoDB, Elastic Stack, Spark or other
o Mocha, Regression, JMeter, or similar automation tools – test automation skills are a plus
o Networking: VPN, MQTT, CoAP, AMQP, HTTPS, SSL, Mosquitto, or others.
o Interface protocols: Raspberry Pi, USB, I2C, FPGA, ASICs, Bluetooth, LoRaWAN, Microcontrollers, ARM Cortex, GPIO
o Mobile development: Android, IoS, BLE etc.
o Analytics and Visualization: Tableau, PowerBI,
• Good skills and knowledge of situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Experience is participation in an agile or XP programming environment. Helpful if in the role for at least two years as a software development team member that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
• Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Will accept verifiable HS diploma / GED with one year of relevant work experience for every year of college not attained in addition to required years of experience.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
- CVS Health Jobs