Aerotek Entry Level Machinist in BLUE ISLAND, Illinois
This position is for a Entry Level Machinist position within a job shop type environment. In the beginning they will have this candidate assisting other Machinists. They will be cleaning machines, changing fluids, greasing, preventative maintenance, emptying chip trays and performing basic machining tasks, possibly doing quality checks, learning how the machines work.
When trained and proven, employees will need to be able to read/interpret blueprints along with take verbal/written instructions on their workload for the day. They will be using a variety of machines and every day is different because all of their products are custom repairs.
Employees will be setting up their machines, multiple per day, their part run can take 1 hour or multiple days depending on the complexity. The most important machines and skills they must have are working with engine lathes and know how to thread both left and right. They work on all exotic materials such as stainless steel, brass, 300 stainless, 4140, and not much carbon steel at all but sometimes.
Below is a list of equipment and brand names that they will be working on.
Vertical Turning Lathe (VTL) 78” 4” Bar
Milltronix CNC Lathe
Giddings and Lurig
• Responsible for working with the mechanics and foreman to understand what their part needs to be machined in line with specifications, these instructions are 50% blueprint and 50% written/verbal instruction
• Work with Engine Lathes and threading equipment to produce the parts needed for repairs of the pumps
• Work with all other equipment as a secondary skill to complete the job as required
• Experienced in working with exotic materials
• Trade school experience or mechanical ability with an interest in getting into machining.
*Open to candidates that come from an automotive shop background or similar
• Positive personality, energetic and strong initiative type of attitude and proven with being reliable showing up with good attendance at previous experiences
• Ability to eventually read blueprints and take written/verbal instruction to produce parts at certain specifications
• Working with exotic materials and working in a job shop environment.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs