North Country Business Products IT Customer Support Technician in Bloomington, Illinois
IT Customer Support Technician
Location: Bloomington, IL
North Country Business Products (NCBP) is a leader in the implementation and servicing of Point of Sale (POS) technology systems for the grocery, convenience store, restaurant and hotel industries. Become a part of one of the largest POS Solution Providers in the nation. We are always looking for top notch talent to join our team. If you want to excel in the ever-changing technology industry and use your expertise to make a lasting impact – apply to become a NCBP Employee-Owner!
This position is accountable for troubleshooting basic POS software and hardware issues (onsite and by phone) while providing excellent customer service and following company policies and procedures.
Service Call Resolution and Closure
Real Time Dispatching
• Troubleshoot and fix basic software, hardware, networking and peripheral issues on customer’s POS, DVR and computing systems and keep customer fully updated.
• Triage calls as assigned and scheduled.
• Dispatch real-time and consistently follow dispatching procedures.
• Maintain accurate and organized inventory.
• Assist PMO team with installation projects: deliver hardware, set-up at customer site, uninstall old equipment and provide documentation as required.
• Prepare and stage hardware and software for installation.
• Adhere to and remain current on PCI/DSS compliancy of POS systems.
• Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold and supported in assigned territory.
• Provide phone support, “on-call” support (on a rotating basis) and on-site assistance to customers and other internal service associates.
• Proactively research hardware and software issues, work in collaboration with other service and provide customers with the best solution possible.
• Provide regular vehicle maintenance on company vehicles and ensure cleanliness at all times.
• Attend training courses and cross train in other service areas as directed.
• Work after hours (overtime) and overnight on projects as assigned as well as the on-call rotation.
• Assist with shipping and receiving, office tasks and office maintenance as needed.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Technical degree/certification program strongly preferred.
• 6 months experience in either retail, grocery or hospitality industries preferred.
• Working knowledge of computer software and hardware knowledge required.
• Weights and Measures Certification required within 12 month of position assignment.
• QIR Certification required within 12 months of position assignment.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Word and Excel required.
• Network connectivity and related software experience preferred.
• Ability to drive long distances on a daily basis is required. Some overnight travel may be required.
• Good driving record and valid drivers’ license required and proof of personal auto insurance policy required.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• 401(k) with match
• Life Insurance
• Computer Purchase Program
• And more!
What Core Values are Needed?
In addition to the position qualifications, our Core Values are a must have in order to be successful in our company culture. At North Country Business Products:
• We are Customer Focused
• We are Associate Focused
• We have an Ownership Mentality
• We Take Initiative
• We Embrace Change
We take our Core Values at NCBP very seriously and hire, fire, promote and recognize based on them.
Check us out at www.ncbpinc.com
NCBP is Employee Owned and Operated.
To apply click the apply button above
To apply please follow the link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e9b7e6cf-8318-4623-9d47-add55ea8156d&ccId=19000101000001&type=MP&lang=enUS
NCBP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any applicant or associate because of age, sex, gender, marital status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, race, color, religion, national origin, disability or any other protected characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.