Leviton Material Handler in Bloomingdale, Illinois
This position is responsible for processing materials to support production by performing the duties involved in receiving, stocking, issuing, and/or shipping materials/supplies. Operates material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This position works under moderate supervision.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
- Supports production by pulling and delivering all materials necessary to complete shop orders
- Supports receiving by verifying conformance to invoices and stocking all received components on the appropriate shelf location
- Verifies and maintains product identification and count
- Prepares inventory records and investigates discrepancies in stock counts
- Performs weigh counts for materials and stores them as necessary
- Obtains, moves, sorts and packages products and materials
- Communicates with supervisors, leads and assemblers to determine schedule of work for pulling materials
- Credits production and prepares goods for outbound shipment
- Coordinates and performs loading of trailers
- Performs finished good and component cycle counts
- Generates move or scrap transactions as needed to ensure inventory accuracy
- Organizes material shelves/staging areas as needed for optimum efficiency
Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of basic math skills – adding, subtracting and measuring
Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format
Ability to multi-task
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to use judgement related to identifying potential safety hazards
Ability to communicate and interact with support personnel from outside departments to resolve material availability issues
Ability to demonstrate flexibility
Education and Experience:
High School education or GED preferred.
Minimum one (1) year related experience
Certified to operate rolling stock equipment
Proficient in 1 or more warehouse functions (receiving, shipping, material handling, production support, etc.)
Proficient in use of warehouse management systems to perform inventory movement transactions and material inventory validations/investigations
This position requires 20% clerical and planning and 80% material handling, production assembly machine operations, and/or walking and assisting production employees
Work is primarily performed on the manufacturing floor where noise levels may be moderate or high and hearing protection may have to be worn
Eye and foot protection may have to be worn
There is potential for lifting weights up to 45 lbs.
There is potential exposure to extreme temperatures
The occasional physical demands of the position include climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and eye/hand/foot coordination
May stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.*
Leviton Manufacturing / Bloomingdale, IL- Network Solutions
Network Solutions Team
Job category: Manufacturing / Production / Opera...