Fiat Chrysler Automobile Center Manager – Paint in Belvidere, Illinois
Center Manager – Paint
Job ID: 1042506
Career Area: Manufacturing & Production
Job Category: Manufacturing-Operations
Location: Belvidere , IL
61008 , US
Date Posted: January 26, 2021
Brand: FCA Group
Apply (http://www.candidatecare.com/srccsa/RTI.home?c=40&d=fcagroup.candidatecare.com&r=5000683762710&rb=SYMPHONYTALENT) Refer A Friend
Share this job
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail
The Center Manager is primarily responsible for leading plant operations for a center, utilizing World Class Manufacturing principles to achieve production and cost targets. The Center Manager will drive a culture and processes that promote continuous improvement in safety, quality, cost and delivery. This position will work with senior management in the plant to maximize overall quality and efficiency through involvement of the workforce. This role will manage a large, multi-shift unionized operation, managing both hourly and salary personnel including Maintenance, Quality and Engineering personnel. The Center Manager will manage and lead the interface and collaboration of key stakeholders in the operations center such as Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Maintenance, Production, Materials Logistics, Human Resources, and Finance. The ideal candidate will not only bring technical functional depth and credibility, but must also possess the requisite executive leadership traits and business acumen to interface with the Senior Manufacturing leadership and executive management team and develop, communicate, lead and motivate their center’s operations team. In addition, the Center Manager will lead World Class Manufacturing and change management initiatives in the center, with a passion for excellence and delivery in all manufacturing and business initiatives.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Lead the center team to achieve all business objectives including safety, quality, continuous improvement, production, profitability, customer service, and other internal metrics, consistent with World Class Manufacturing principles.
– Supports all aspects of production processes including safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale and drive successful implementation of WCM processes and standards
– Oversee all personnel for the center, maintenance, quality, and tool and process engineering, both hourly and salary
– Review daily expenditures and follow up on anomalies
– Lead World Class Manufacturing and change management initiatives in the center, drive workforce engagement, and provide coaching and feedback to all employees.
– Ensure compliance in all audit initiatives
– Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, delivery, cost savings, and employee morale in the center
– Manage allocation of resources to support WCM project completion
– Drive launch and mid-cycle action activities, cost improvements, and raising the bar on quality and product safety
– Monitor launch curve attainment for new programs and establish PDCA as needed
– Coordinate project plans with maintenance and engineering organizations
– Lead the elimination of waste in all aspects of the business
– Teach, cultivate, and promote teamwork and problem solving in a positive, proactive work environment
At least 10 years experience in operations management experience in a high volume environment
Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the Plant from hourly represented employees to Senior Leadership as required
Ability to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers
Ability to effectively lead a diverse workforce, teach, coach and mentor employees to go above and beyond required operational and business objectives
Must have a strong working knowledge of Body-In-White, Paint, Assembly Operations, Logistics and Maintenance
Strong knowledge of World Class Manufacturing or continuous improvement systems; such as TPS and Lean Manufacturing operation
Knowledge of other process systems, quality systems, throughput, standardization, and product/process launch
Ability to manage and coordinate complex projects while maintaining simplistic communications to others
Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Advanced degree in a technical field
Previous experience working in an automotive manufacturing unionized environment
Strong problem solving and analytical skills, Six Sigma methodology
Good working knowledge of Google Suite software programs
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
JOBS YOU MAY LIKE
No jobs found.
Join our Talent Community
Create a talent profile to receive relevant job alerts and the latest company news! If you’re a U.S. Veteran, please sign up through ourVeterans Recruiting Programpage.
Create a Talent Profile
Sign into your profile
LET’S BE SOCIAL
VISIT OUR BRAND WEBSITES