Challenge Unlimited Welder IMMEDIATE NEED in Belleville, Illinois
*THIS IS A FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION! *
LOCATED IN BELLEVILLE, IL
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS DRUG TEST AND BACKGROUND CHECK!
$18.50/hour to start
Due to the nature of our organization, Veterans and Adults with Disabilities are preferred
Company: TerraSource Global
Job Title: Welder I
Reports to: Weld Shop Lead/Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-exempt / Hourly
Proficient in various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examines materials to be repaired to determine the strength and heating properties of parent metals and alloys.
- Studies simple sketches to determine needed repairs or construction.
- Determines the type of equipment and amount of heat needed to make a repair or construct a metal article.
- Prepares items for welding by disassembling parts and acquiring needed parts.
- Lays out, cuts, and fits material for welding.
- Uses welding equipment to burn, cut through or join metal pieces
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-5 years related weld shop experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in welding.
Language Skills*:*Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Mathematical Skills*:* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Reasoning Ability*:* Use of judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures.
- Some knowledge of welding principles and methods
- Some knowledge of the heating properties of parent metals and alloys
- Skill in the operation of welding equipment and tools
- Ability to follow oral or written directions
- Ability to work from simple sketches or drawings
- Ability to produce replacements for broken metal items
- GEC certified welder to AWS D1.1
- Ability to drive a forklift safely and efficiently and pass forklift certification and driving test
- Ability to operate overhead and jib cranes safely with adequate training
Travel is not required.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
DISCLAIMER:The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Location: Belleville, IL
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Client or Staff: Client
Position Hours: 3pm-11pm OR 11pm-7:30am