ALDI Merchandising Data Specialist in Batavia, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
National Buying Services is the department dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Interprets data and provides considerations and recommendations to management.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Develops and maintains tools utilizing data connections to provide dynamic reports from various data sources.
• Identifies, collects, prepares, and presents data for exploratory and explanatory analysis.
• Creates analytically driven reports for various trials and projects.
• Creates simplified data visualizations to be presented to leadership.
• Leverages Macros and VBA to increase efficiency in reoccurring projects.
• Creates and manages multiple reporting sources utilized by both the Merchandising team and Corporate Buying team (i.e. Space Utilization, T/R report, Quarterly Macro Sales, Available Slots Calculator, Merchandising Guide, Immediate Consumption Sales Reporting, Dynamic Slotting Macro, and Line Number Review).
• Analyzes primary and secondary data to formulate conclusions.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Merchandising, Business, or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Merchandising.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Prior experience creating intricate Excel workbooks and presenting to management.
• Experience with data analysis preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including Formulas, Pivot Tables, Lookups, Data Queries, and VBA.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across many levels of the business and work with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to prepare executive-level recommendations and reports.
• A self-starter with the ability to prioritize duties among multiple, concurrent projects.
• Strategic and critical thinker with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
- ALDI Jobs