ALDI Merchandise Planning Analyst in Batavia, Illinois
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
National Buying Services is the department dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Identifies project issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
• Determines areas of business where innovative analytical solutions may be used to drive business growth, create analysis, and develop recommendations.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Uses knowledge of buying metrics to establish analytical insights that assist the Buying teams.
• Leads the development of relevant analytical tools/reports/dashboards that encompass ALDI Finds data in connection with consumer, customer, and competitor insights.
• Identifies and incorporates product knowledge, seasonality and regional performance partnered with quantitative data to drive continuous improvement in forecasting to improve shelf availability of ALDI Finds.
• Communicates knowledge of ALDI, ALDI Buying, and the ALDI Finds process and initiatives within Corporate and Divisions.
• Develops strategy and provides leadership for ALDI Finds initiatives through the use of quantitative methods that report category performance.
• Identifies, develops and assesses ALDI Finds themes/promotions across a set of categories.
• Assesses optimal margin rates, sell through goals, and evaluates customer price perception.
• Develops presentations and communicates them to all appropriate areas within the department.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Business.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Corporate retail experience preferred.
• Experience with cart affinity analytics preferred.
• Knowledge of the functions and purposes of software in a personal/network computer environment; skill of using its commands to organize and analyze files and information.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and present complex data.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience. • Effective time management skills; maximizes productivity.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with all business partners.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Development and execution of project plans; delivery of key tracks/segments.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Advanced Excel knowledge, including VBA.
• Knowledge of SQL queries and SRSS reporting.
• Thinks critically and analytically.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at varying levels.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
- ALDI Jobs