Cardinal Health Supervisor, Warehouse Operations (Night Shift) in Aurora, Illinois
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible forperforming/controllinga combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
- Manages staff to ensure timely distribution and receipt of product while meeting distribution center standards of policies, procedures, and quality.
- Recommends and implements programs, policies, and strategies to increase production and efficient space utilization within the facility.
- Implements and administers all policies and procedures.
- Handles general employee inquiries and resolves concerns.
- Responsible for supervisory and employee population development, training, coaching, counseling and performance appraisals.
- Maintains positive employee relations.
- Must be flexible with work schedule to be a visible leader and maximize employee interactions for a multi shift distribution operation.
- High school diploma required degree preferred
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problemresolution
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs