Closets By Design, Inc CAD Technician in Aurora, Illinois
- Review sales designs to ensure that the design is compliant with the company’s product offerings, installation requirements and limitations.
- Define and work efficiently to resolve design questions.
- Use CAD software, Cabinet Vision, to design units for production (based on designer drawings).
- Place orders for special order items on a job by job basis.
- Provide support to the Pricing, Production, and Installation Departments, as required.
Comply with all company policies and standards of behavior and performance. Essential Job Functions:
Quality – Develop and implement, with every job or project, a personal quality process that will ensure that all items required by the sales package design have been included in the cutlist. Specifically, all components purchased by the customer are included and all required machining, special orders, etc. are accurately specified.
- Productivity – The CAD Technician is expected to produce a minimum of $40,000 in jobs per day after three-months of training. Thereafter, the CAD Technician is expected to continually seek methods for improving his/her daily output.
- Continuous Improvement – The CAD Technician is expected to have a positive and proactive attitude towards meeting and surpassing the customers’ expectations. The CAD Technician’s customers are: The Manufacturing Department, the Installation Department, and the End-User Customer. Each CAD Technician is to continuously seek out improved methods for reducing the time to complete jobs, ensuring the highest quality with each job, and that all customer expectations have been met or surpassed.
Attendance – The CAD Technician is expected to arrive to work on-time and to minimize time away from his/her work station. All employees are required to take the prescribed Breaks and Lunch periods, as defined by Departmental schedules. All employees are expected minimize absence days, insofar as possible. Minimum Preferred Requirements:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. College training preferred.
- Must be familiar with computer usage and technology.
- Drafting or design experience preferred.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
Typing of 30 WPM preferred. Closets by Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer