BWAY Corporation Manufacturing Plant Controller in Addison, IL at Mauser Packaging Solutions in Addison, Illinois
The Plant Controller is the senior financial leader at the plant and is a key member of the plant leadership teams and offers high visibility within the company. Manages plant accounting department and provides all financial information which will be used by management to make economic decisions regarding the business.
- Lead and direct the activities of the plant accounting departments to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports. This includes, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual budgets and monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Manage the monthly closing and ensure reconciliations for balance sheet accounts are performed and are accurate.
- Analyze overhead, cost of sales and actual manufacturing costs compared to budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs, and reports factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Coordinate and participate in physical inventories and ensure inventory is reported accurately.
- Responsible for ensuring plant fixed assets and repairs are appropriately accounted for, including preparation or review of capital expenditure requests.
- Establish and maintain the integrity of all systems, assets, processes and data to enhance the Company's value.
- Proactively identifies manufacturing cost trends that impact the business and financial results. Works closely with the Plant Managers to produce accurate and timely financial analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of plant accounting experience required
- Demonstrated experience with successive roles (increasing responsibilities)
- Advanced user of SAP (or major ERP system) as well as Microsoft Excel required
- Management experience preferred
- Must have extensive manufacturing experience and cost accounting experience.
- Leadership, good verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are necessary qualities for excelling in this position.
- The successful candidate must be a team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 15/9/2020